Have you ever seen a recipe online that you loved, but never ended up making? Maybe you didn’t have the time. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with some of the ingredients, and it would take too much effort to locate them. Chicory solves that problem with a one-click delivery solution of the ingredient list of a given recipe.
Yuni Samashima founded the company in his senior year at Colgate university. Two years later, they are getting millions of page views per month and growing. We discuss Chicory’s adventure:
- How Yuni leveraged opportunities in college to get to where he is today
- Why online recipes are difficult to index and organize
- How Chicory improves content for food bloggers
- Landing a deal with the large publishing company, Time Inc.
- Why they analyze 100 million data points a day (natural language processing)
- Why molecular biology matters
- Modernizing legacy industries