Everything changed on his visit to the Central Market in Valencia, Spain: Victor Friedberg realized that food is a system.
He returned to the U.S. and dove head first into learning about food systems.
At S2G Ventures, Victor and his team invest in innovative food startups. Many of the startups have been guests on our show, including Maple Hill Creamery, TerraMera, Myco, Mercaris, Kuli Kuli, Back to the Roots, Shenandoah Growers, and SVO.
S2G has built an amazing community and portfolio. Victor is sharp and insightful. We talk about:
- Victor’s diverse work and life background
- His trip to Valencia, Spain
- The different stages of investing
- Investing in great “systems”
- What he sees in some of the food startups that he has invested in
- Synergy between his food startups
- Creating alpha
- How they advise their portfolio of companies
- The advisors to Victor and his fund (an impressive group)