They started at UC-Berkley making organic mushrooms out of coffee waste. Now, they are a full-fledged company in Home Depot, Urban Outfitters, and Target among others. It is one of the most inspiring stories we’ve had so far. Fresh off a 2 million dollar investment round, Nikhil Arora of Back to the Roots® talks about food and life:
- Nikhil’s early years and how they connect to where he is today
- Behind the company philosophy – making an integrated difference
- Going from a “no category” to a competitive grocery category run by goliaths
- Raising a quarter million dollars in a Kickstarter campaign
- The dark side of a 36 month shelf-life in big-brand cereals
- How to maintain a fun, successful company culture while growing big
… and so much more.