Reza Mirza has an exciting job: CEO of Icelandic Glacial. A premium brand, they control the sole commercial rights to bottle and sell water from the legendary Ölfus Spring.
In 21 countries with only 40 total employees, they are organized, efficient, and growing. Their U.S. distribution is handled by Anheuser-Busch, which took a 20% ownership stake in the company in July 2007.
Reza recently served as President of Activate Drinks where he grew the company in key markets through increased distribution while driving double digit same store sales and increased brand awareness. We go behind the scenes of their fascinating company and, of course, water:
- The vision of Icelandic Glacial
- Keys to leadership
- Let’s talk water…
- Global distribution strategies into new countries
- What it means to be carbon neutral
- Marketing in the United States compared to China?
- Logistics, sending product to various countries around the world
- How he grew Activate same-store sales numbers
- Think global; act global
- Only 40-50 employees.Just for export. Becoming a distributor.
- What type of marketing, what message are you trying to send to people?
- As the CEO of a large food company (many are smaller in nature) what is your day-to-day like?
- Expanding to other countries you brought Blaupunkt audio into India, what’s the plan here?
- Unique selling positions between different brands of water