We merge Colombian ingredients and American tradition into a great meal.
Later, we discuss food globalization:
*The cost of transporting food
*Imported foods and cultural tradition
*Media fallacies with respect to food globalization
Some of our Thanksgiving Recipes
A. Quinoa Salad
B. Yuca + avocado salad
C. Quinoa dessert
Quinoa with quinoa leaf salad
Makes around 6 cups, serves 4-6
Organic Quinoa 2.5 Cups
Quinoa leaves 1/2 Cup
Mushrooms 1 cup
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup heavy cream
Lime, salt, pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1: Put 5 cups of water in a large pot on high heat until boiling
2. Add 2.5 cups of quinoa, washed, raise to simmering and lower temperature to medium-low heat
3. Let quinoa absorb water, and stir several times until all water is absorbed.
4. Let quinoa cool
5. Clean and bunch quinoa leaves together and shred into small pieces
Cut 1 cup of button mushrooms lengthwise and simmer in olive oil, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Add button mushrooms, juice of 1/2 lime and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper to water and heavy cream and blend on high.
Save 1.5 cups of quinoa for dessert and serve the rest immediately with mushroom sauce and quinoa leaves set on top.
Makes six servings
2 medium-large yucas
3 hass avocadoes, or 2 medium-large avocado Lorena
2 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup water
1. Cut yuca into quarters
2. Bring a medium size pot of water to a boil and add yuca. Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes. At this point, yuca should be softer, but not as soft as potatoes.
3. Let yuca sit and cool for 20 minutes.
4. In a large saucepan, heat canola oil on medium heat.
5. Chop yuca into 1´ pieces and add to saucepan. Brown yuca slightly
6. Blend 1/4 cup water and grenadilla
7. Add grenadilla blend to the saucepan and braise yucas further, careful not to let yuca stick too much to the bottom of pan.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Core, separate and cut avocadoes into 1´ pieces. Careful with Hass avocadoes to maintain a stable form similar to the yucas.
10. In medium bowl add yuca and avocado together and serve hot or cold.
Makes 6 servings
1.5 cups organic quinoa (precooked)
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup condensed milk
1.5 cups uchuvas
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Mix quinoa, coconut milk, condensed milk until quinoa is saturated with liquid like an oatmeal.
2. Set in martini glasses.
3. Top with shredded coconut, uchuva sauce and cacao nibs.
4. Refrigerate and serve chilled
Posted In: Distribution