We get another taste of the exciting world of coffee today as we had the pleasure to interview Robert W. Thurston, co-author and editor of Coffee: A Comprehensive Guide to the Bean, the Beverage, and the Industry.
He also owns Oxford Coffee, a coffee roaster/retailer in Oxford, Ohio.
Some things we discuss:
- How specialty coffee can follow the trend of wine: “Even when the price of average-quality wine has decreased, the fine wine market has remained strong.”
- How global warming affects the future of the two main types of coffee beans: Arabica and Robusta.
- What Robert looks for when visiting a coffee farm.
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs who want to enter the coffee business in 2014.
- The importance of quality, transparency, and telling stories.