Andrew Chae worked in his family’s food manufacturing business since his teenage years. In 2004, he oversaw the organic certification of two production facilities, and built a new Asian organic brand, Ohana House, from the ground up.
Ohana House went national with distribution into all Whole Foods and other major natural chains.
Andrew also oversaw the entry of Ohana House into Costco and initiated private label opportunities with Trader Joe’s.
In 2008, Andrew started Yin & Yang Naturals. He discovered a passion for helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.
Taking a product from concept, to store shelf, to someone’s kitchen shelf provides an unmatchable level of both personal and professional satisfaction.
Some brands that Yin Yang Naturals works with are Coconut Bliss ice cream, Harmless Harvest, Maple Hill Creamery, and Uncle Matt’s. Yin Yang also helped launch EPIC bar, REBBL drinks, and Temple Turmeric.
Andrew is highly skilled, experienced, and successful. He drops serious knowledge for food startup founders:
- Life in Hawaii
- Showing up as a rookie to ExpoWest
- Definition of a food broker
- What food brokers do from sales to the shelves
- Why use a broker instead of a full time sales person
- On selling a private-label to Trader Joe’s
- Keys to selling at Trader Joe’s
- When it comes to sales, followups, inventory, etc with distributors and stores, where is the responsibility with the food brand and when is it with the broker?
- What questions to ask a broker when shopping for one
- Qualities YinYang looks for in a food brand
- Retail is about detail
- Why flavor wins in any launch
- Tips for buying machinery
- What is happening in the industry right now?
- How has the industry changed over the past few years?