It all started 12 years ago in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Today, it is a nationwide brand based out of Southern California.
Christian Bunte started Cabo Chips in college and has been doing it ever since. In 2012, he made the decision to focus on the natural retail channels. A pivotal shift that changed everything.
He is very savvy on the food industry, production, sales and marketing. We tell his story:
- Why Christian decided to launch Cabo Chips
- Launching a business in Mexico versus the U.S.
- Comparing conventional vs natural channels
- The 2012 company shift
- How he works with his mentors
- Managing production – quality control
- Dealing with a seasonal product
- Tips for hiring
- On hiring a C.E.O. to run his company
- The biggest mistakes Christian
- How has the industry changed since you started?