Simplifying ordering for restaurant buyers is a hot industry. Many startups are entering the space. This week’s guest, Bluecart, stands out with a unique business model: it is free
The company has a potential for huge growth precisely because there are so many small farmers, producers, wholesalers, and restaurants out there who’s margins are so tight they could never afford this kind of technology otherwise.
This summer, they received 4 million dollars in investment and the Washington D.C. based company is taking off.
Jag Bansal, Andrew Genung and myself talk about the how and why of Bluecart:
- What pitching VC’s is really like
- 10X thinking and how to apply it to your startup
- On relationships with their investors
- How they chose the business model and their plans for monetization
- Why they like having competitiors
- Andrew’s tips on content marketing
- Matt’s in-person look at the Bluecart company culture